The Bahamas Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal (The Appeals Tribunal)
- To hear and determine issues arising from a decision of the Disciplinary Panel –
- that an Anti-Doping Rules violation was or was not committed;
- imposing consequences of an Anti-Doping Rules violation;
- that an Anti-Doping organization lacks jurisdiction to rule on an Anti-Doping Rules violation or consequences of an Anti-Doping rules violation;
- to impose a provisional suspension as a result of a provisional hearing;
- To determine the consequences of an Anti-Doping Rules Violation to be imposed;
- To perform any other functions that are conferred or imposed on the Appeals Tribunal by virtue of the Act.
The Committee shall consist of five (5) persons as follows:
- A Chairman, who has served as either a Judge of the Supreme Court or of the Court of Appeal;
- One (1) person, who is a counsel and attorney-at-law of at least ten (10 ) years standing at the Bar;
- One (1) person, who has served in sports administration for at least ten (10) years
- Two (2) persons, who have served in sports medicine for at least ten (10) years.
All appointments shall be made by the Minister and evidenced by instruments in writing, stating the period of office, which should not exceed three (3) years.
Members may be eligible for re-appointment.