The Bahamas Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel (The Disciplinary Panel)
- To receive, examine and hear evidence relating to an Anti-Doping Rules violation;
- To conduct disciplinary hearings related to Anti-Doping Rules violations referred to it by the Commission;
- To determine whether a violation of the Anti-Doping Rules has occurred;
- To impose consequences of Anti-Doping Rules violations;
- To perform any other functions that are conferred or imposed on the Disciplinary Panel by the Act.
The Committee shall consist of not more than seven (7) persons as follows:
- A Chairman, who shall be a counsel and attorney-at-law of at least ten years standing at the Bar;
- Three (3) persons, each of whom have been duly qualified medical practitioners for not less than five (5) years; and
- Three (3) persons, each of whom shall be or has previously been a sports administrator or an athlete.
All appointments shall be evidenced by instruments in writing, stating the period of office, which should not exceed three (3) years.
Members may be eligible for re-appointment.